This is a specialist type of Tier 2 visa for sportspeople or sports coaches who are recognised as being at the highest level of their sport.

Applying for Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa

The migrant must be sponsored by their employer, which must hold a Tier 2 sponsor licence, and after five years as a Tier 2 Sportsperson the migrant may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

There is an English language requirement for Tier 2 Sportsperson visa applicants.