This is a specialist type of Tier 2 visa for religious workers who may be ministers of religion, missionaries or members of a religious order and who are applying to undertake work such as preaching or pastoral work.

The migrant must be sponsored by the religious organisation, which must hold a Tier 2 sponsor licence, and after five years as a Tier 2 Minister of Religion the migrant may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

There is an English language requirement for Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa applicants