The Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer Visa (ICT) is specifically for employees of multinational companies that have branches both in the UK and outside the UK, in the situation where the company wants to transfer a skilled employee from a foreign branch of the company to a UK branch of the company.

The company must hold a Tier 2 sponsor licence and it has to sponsor the employee. Once the employee has been sponsored they can then apply for a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa.

If they are granted the visa they can then come to the UK and start work with the employer. For applicants who applied for Tier 2 (ICT) visa on or after 6 April 2010, it is no longer possible to acquire indefinite leave to remain.

There is no English language requirement for Tier 2 ICT visa applicants and they can bring their dependants with them to the UK.