If a person is working as a domestic servant in a private household outside the UK and their employer wishes to come to the UK and bring them with them so that they can continue to work for them as a domestic servant then the person may be able to apply for a Domestic Worker visa.

Domestic Worker in a Private Household Visa

To qualify for this visa the migrant must have been working for the employer overseas for at least one year. This visa type is suitable for, for example, cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks, carers and nannies.

The visa is issued for a maximum of six months and the migrant is not allowed to bring any dependants to the UK with them.

There is no English language requirement for a Domestic Worker visa applicant.