UK Settlement, commonly known as indefinite leave to remain (ILR), lets you stay in the UK without any time restrictions.
To fulfil the requirements for UK Settlement, you will need a valid leave in the UK for a certain length of time depending on different categories.
Indefinite Leave to Remain – ILR Categories
You can apply to settle in the UK (ILR) based on the following categories.
- Indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence – ILR 10 Years
- Indefinite leave to remain in one of the Points Based System categories
- Indefinite leave to remain as a Refugee
- Indefinite leave to remain on the basis of Discretionary Leave to Remain
- Indefinite leave to remain as a victim of domestic violence
- Indefinite leave to remain as partner or child of a British citizen
You can apply for Indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years residence in the UK.
ILR – Five Years Working or Family Visa
Migrants who hold family visas or working visas may qualify for indefinite leave to remain after five continuous years on that visa.
Please visit the respective page based on your category for more information and don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any further information and need to proceed with the application.
Contact Edmans & Co to Apply to Settle in the UK
At Edmans & Co, we deal with applications to stay in the UK, mostly indefinite leave to remain (ILR) on daily basis.
Let us help you apply to settle in the UK making the right application. Please contact our London-based immigration lawyers for all ILR applications.
You can also call us on 020 7439 3000 to speak to one of our immigration experts.